Each year Americans suffer from tooth loss. The common culprit to lost teeth are deep cavities, gum disease, and injuries to the face. Dental implants are a high-tech and excellent option when replacing missing teeth. There are many advantages to dental implants when compared to the traditional methods of replacing teeth.
Dental Implants Advantages:
- Appearance - dental implants look & feel like natural teeth.
- Improved Speech - dental implants are similar size to your teeth and don't feel bulky or abnormal
- Comfort - since they are a single-unit and anchored in the bone, dental implants don't move or rub on your gums
- Oral Health - dental implants don't get cavities nor does replacing a tooth mean a neighboring tooth must get drilled-on
- Durability - implants are very strong and with proper home care, they can potentially last a lifetime
Dental implants have two main components, the post that is placed in the bone and the crown on top of the post. For most implants, the post is placed in the bone by the surgeon and is allowed to heal for 4-6 months prior to placing a crown on top. However, there are a few occasions when a temporary crown can be immediately placed on a implant replacing a front tooth. Overall, when it comes to replacing a missing tooth, dental implants are the best option! If you are interested in dental implants in the Eugene area, feel free to give Quest Dental a call.