Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE AGAINST COVID-19?
So many things! Come and see!
- We pre-screen all patients by phone and again when they arrive.
- Each employee and Dentists in Eugene is screened when reporting for work each day.
- Social distancing: no more than one patient in the waiting area at any given moment.
- Many items in the waiting area are now gone to reduce surface contact.
- Sneeze guards in all front-office areas
- Standard Precautions for sterilization of clinical surfaces and instruments, plus copious, frequent sanitizing of all contact surfaces throughout the practice
-Hand sanitizer everywhere! All patients use this coming in and going out. Team members of course use this constantly throughout the day.
- Patients rinse with a peroxide-based rinse prior to all procedures
- Use of Dry Shield for many procedures, and high volume evacuation (HVE) for all aerosol-generating procedures
- Altered practice schedule to reduce close contact between patients
- One way patient flow through the practice to minimize cross-traffic
- H13 TRUE HEPA air filters throughout the practice and in every operatory
- Four separate Halo LED UV Air scrubbers have been installed into the HVAC system. Click to learn more about this exciting improvement to our air quality.
- PPE for team members now includes double masking with N95 and level 3 surgical masks, face shields, full-length gowns, and more.
- This list is not exhaustive. We are constantly asking ourselves what more we can do and adapting as we see opportunities to improve. We welcome your questions regarding this important topic and want you to know how seriously we take your safety as well as that of our team.
MY TEMPORARY CROWN HAS COME OFF WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Unfortunately, getting the adhesive timing of a temporary crown right can be a frustrating process for patient and dentist alike. Thank you for your patience during the interim period. The permanent crowns we deliver to our patients are lab-made and of extremely high quality are well worth the wait. But if your temporary crown comes off early and is unbroken, you can you use either toothpaste, vaseline, or temporary cement (sold at pharmacies) to put it back in place.
You can also call us during normal business hours and we will fit you into the schedule if you'd rather have us reapply the temporary cement and/or make any necessary adjustments. If your temporary crown has broken, give us a call during regular business hours to check in. We always have the ability to make a new temporary crown for you. And so long as you aren't feeling significant pain, going a couple days without one won't create any major issues.
WHICH INSURANCES DO YOU ACCEPT?
We are in-network with the following insurance plans:
United Concordia Elite Plus
Regence of OR, HMA, Lifemap
Delta Dental (Premier or Traditional)
Cigna Dental PPO
Pacific Source (Advantage Dental Plan-Commercial)
Please note that only commercial plans are accepted and NOT state Medicaid/OHP
If you have an insurance plan not listed above, we'd still love to see you! Please give us a call to discuss how we might work with your plan or otherwise meet your dental needs in a way that works for you financially.
DO YOU ACCEPT MEDICAID/OHP?
As discussed above, if Medicaid or Oregon Health Plan (OHP) are your primary source of insurance, we'd love to work with you, but we do not bill Medicaid or OHP at this time. If you'd still like to become a patient, please contact us so we can discuss other financial options with you.