COVID-19 Reopening Plan
Updated: Jun 14
We are happy to announce that we will be reopening the clinic beginning Wednesday of next week. Your safety and health is our number one goal and we'd like to share with you our plans on how we will keep you safe during this time of COVID-19.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Governor Brown announced she is allowing dental offices to reopen starting May 1, 2020, which is earlier than the original mandate of June 15, 2020. While this is great news, it came as a surprise to all of us. As you know, our first priority is the safety of our team and to you, our patients. In order to reopen the office, we must ensure we have met updated safety requirements and that our facility is adequately stocked with the proper Personal Protective Equipment, which we donated to first-line responders in March.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
* Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment. Your temperature will be read prior to your appointment.
*When you arrive at our office you will notice a sign posted directing you to call or text to let us know you have arrived.
* Please remain in your car.
* When we are ready for the appointment, one of our team members will come to your vehicle for screening and to escort you inside.
* Please wear a mask if you have one. If you do not, we will provide you with one.
* Please do not bring any extra people to your appointment. Children age 10 or patients with special needs may be accompanied by one adult.
* We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office and following your appointment. You will also find some in other places in the office for you to use as needed.
* You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
* Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
* You will also notice that there will be an added surcharge of $20 for PPE for all appointments.
* We have also added increased air filtration units to each room.
* Each hygiene procedure will utilize a new high speed evacuation system.
* Each patient will use a pre-rinse before each appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 541-688-7278 or visit our website at Quest Dental a Dentists in Eugene
For the first few weeks we will be opening on a limited basis. We kindly ask that you continue to be patient with us as we mobilize to open the office earlier than expected.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Quest Dental Team